Thursday, February 26, 2009

A LinkShare Question

DisneyShopping.com has offered me a LinkShare affiliate deal (as a "Private Offer" - apparently the commission rate offered to me isn't the one available to just any blogger) very much like the one I have with LEGO for lmotd.blogspot.com - do you think this is a sign of anything? Something to do with the new licenses, perhaps?

The real question, of course, is whether or not I should do it.

Actually, wait: a better question might be why LEGO hasn't paid up in a while now (they haven't paid commissions for the Christmas rush yet).

In any case, I've given up on trying to keep up with LMOTD by myself and brought in a co-blogger. Team member? I don't know if I want it to get too big - realistically, blogging barely pays at all to start with, but once people see ads on your site, they want a cut when they start writing for you (unless your name is Arianna Huffington, and no one knows why or how she gets away with it - then again, I suppose you get what you pay for sometimes...). I decided to go with a percentage of daily AdSense revenue (itself only a few pennies) as a payment arrangement for now - too little to be worth it for anyone but people who buy inexpensive LEGO parts from me locally. Not that AdSense is paying too well, anyway...as usual when I let things fall behind there, my daily views (and thus ad impressions) have gone down by a third over the past few weeks...

So, anyone think I should take that Disney offer? Anyone know of any other programs I should be joining to try to monetize my blogging?

No comments: